Job Title : Carpenter Helper/Apprentice
Location: Greater Hamilton Area
Job Type: Full-time
Oleroo Works Inc. is seeking skilled and motivated Carpenter Helper/Apprentice to join our growing team in the Greater Hamilton Area. Our company specializes in residential renovation projects ranging from small to midsize in scope.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting a skilled carpenter on various job sites to construct custom interior residential. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, a high level of attention to detail, and a commitment to working efficiently and effectively. Some experience in construction is an asset; however, you need not be fully qualified as we value attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Assist with the installation of windows and doors and related trim.
- Assist with installing drywall (measuring, cutting, securing).
- Assist with the installation of sub-floors, floors, and interior trim (baseboards, casings, cabinets, closets, and doors).
- Assist with the installation of interior fixtures.
- Assist with surface refinishing of projects (filling, sanding, and painting).
- Load and unload construction materials to work areas.
- Clean work site area and dispose of materials. Conduct labourer duties as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients on-site.
- Ensure all safety standards and protocols are followed.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to get along well with others in a team environment.
- Positive attitude towards safety.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on instructions.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to safely lift, carry, and move standard construction material and tools.
- Good working knowledge of basic construction practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic hand tools for carpentry.
- Strong desire to learn and outstanding work ethic is required.
- Work is of a physical nature.
- This position works on job sites mostly within the Hamilton area but may be requested to work at job sites outside of this area.
- Work hours are generally Monday – Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, but may include some required overtime.
- CSA footwear and other appropriate PPE must be worn at all times when on job sites.
The compensation for this position starts at $20-$25 per hour. We understand the challenges of meeting financial needs in today's rapidly changing society and are committed to starting a discussion about how to ensure our employees' needs are met.
At Oleroo Works Inc., we believe in creating a safe and exciting work environment where employees can look forward to coming to work every day. We value our employees and their families and believe that our future as a company is in our employees.